Saturday, May 22, 2010

Human Fountain

This morning was meant to be the ride before the big organize rides, warm up ride that is what its called. As the Bikeforce riders slowly gathered together at the shop.

We decided to give it a shot and do the coastal route but as we rode onto Shenton the wind just changed and smacked us front on. It felt like I was getting a few car wash on my bike and as I tried to breath through my mouth it would collect so much water that I would be spitting it out like a human fountain, I would be doing this every 30secs. The rain kept hitting me on the right side so I had to close one of my eyes, hoping that my contacts don't come out. My socks were soaked and all I can think then was Wiggles -> waterproof socks. As we rode through puddles it reminded me when I was little splashing through the water with my little bmx bike.

As we rode a bit I was slowly enjoying this strange flash back of my child hood. But then reality kicked in, my brakes don't work that well in the wet, I can't just go backwards on the pedals to stop. There are people infront of me so have to watch out and not crash into them. Riding with one eye is not that great in the depth department.

So the group decided to turn back to the shop. A few riders decided to go on, for me it was a big "HELLO WELCOME TO THE WET SEASON"

Got home and took a nice warm shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment