Friday, April 16, 2010

Pulse Fitness Xtraining

Since I didn't do any cycling for the week, I decided to join the guys on their regular 7:30pm Xtraining class for only $5 for riders only.

Waited for Connie to come home to have dinner together (6ish), I was already prep and ready to go, had home made vegatable soup from next door, it was nice and healthy & garlic bread on the side.

I could only fit 1 average size bowl down and tried not to over do it, I really don't want to throw up at my first class with the boys. 7:15pm into the car and off I went.

When I got there saw familiar faces, the bloke who was breathing heavily after the HBF Bike Hike, Big middle eastern guy who always has a funny story to tell on what happen the week and some older guys who I haven't put faces to names yet.

Before I got to the gym I thought, wonder what type of class it was, cycle group = spin class or a cardeio class, my stomach should be fine it we are doing spin.

Warm up, there was around 6-7 of us and we rotated through the course, 2 on skipping ropes (it felt easy, losing that extra flubber helped).

On to the blue balls, you lie on it, roll forward into a push up position and your shins is on the ball, now move ball up and down with your shins.. OMFG i felt bones cracking around my back and front and it worked your lower abs ALOT. I so have to do that more at home.

Cross trainers, I skip holding onto the moving handles and just stuck with the fixed ones, and strolled along at a fast pace, gee no wonder Kang (best mate) can be on cross trainers for ages, if you get the technique right its piss easy.

Jogging, hmm I told Daniel before hand that I am not a strong runner, so he set a lower speed for me, but I think I might of found the correct way of running because I didn't feel as heavy flat footed as I normally would do.

After the warm up I could feel the food slowly creeping up, bouncing up and down on the treadmill was not good.

Push ups, sweet I have been doing a few at home and improving so this was ok for me, I can do man push ups now instead of the girl ones but some of the guys there were doing the girl ones so ?_?

WEIGHTS!!! omg I'm a cyclist not IRONMAN triathlon, I have no muscles. Man were there guys tough, they were powering on. Lets skip the detail on this, apart I was the weakest of them all.

Boxing!! meh I done boxing at home, I was ok for the 1st 30 seconds, 1 2 1 2 1 2.. oh yeah look at that big ass punching bag move.. 1 2 1 2 take that. puff puff..1 2.. 1 2.. ok this is tiring. Its a totally different thing from hitting someone with gloves and a punching bag.

You hit softer because your afraid of hurting the other person (cough Wife) so you can do more but you do like 20 reps and stop. But the bag its like, I am going to hit this thing so it moves using up a lot more energy and you don't think about counting because the other person normally counts so your pounding away and man its tiring.

Hold your body up and lift your legs, omg stomach work outs, I have been trying to avoid doing these at home because it just makes your fat stomach look even fatter. Think of a layer under a layer. I was not so good at this.

After doing all this my body just wanted to puke, its not cut out for this stuff yet and plus the food that I just ate 1h 15mins ago. The boys said you will be aching for a few days but you should be able to cycle because we didn't do anything on the legs.

Anyways it was good just to get out of the house and do some physical training, can't wait till tomorrow, test the S2 out with the new rims.

1 comment: