Monday, May 17, 2010

Let the Pain Begin

Today was the first day of training for the CycloSportif because I haven't been riding for ages. Set the alarm clock for 4:30am... woke up.. snooze

So I ended up getting out of bed around 7am and SBS cycling was on TV wow. So I sat on the bean bag watching the California race.

So around 9:30am I drove out to Jindalee and thought to my self easy 1hour of riding to ease my self back. Do the Time trial course and see how I go.

I floored it up the hill and tackled the next one. (slight hills) pushing 38kph big winds coming from the right. After a few kms I was knackered, my lungs were not happy. The big push at the start did not do me great. What happen to this "easy ride" so I slowed down at the hills and got the rpm up.

Then another cyclist rode pass me.. OMG.. boys will be boys.. so as he pulled away I slowly pushed the kph up and tried to catch up to him but couldn't. I got within 50meters but slowed down on the hills. I turned around on the Yancheap round about and he went onwards to Two Rocks.

Got back to Jindalee 57mins not a bad time. Msg Chris about the time, just to let him know that I'm not totally un-fit. Had breakfast at the cafe.

Around 11ish I left and headed home, I rung Charlie seeing when was he free and he goes (something along the lines)

Charlie: "Hey mate, yeah how about 2:00pm today"
Me: Thinking to my self hmm but but oh man "Why not"
Me: "Lets do the TT course"
Charile: "See yah there"

Got home rest a little bit and did some work at home.

2:00pm. It was a slow start and Charlie pulled away, his kph ave is so high but it was a good challenge for me to catch him. As he pulled I tried my best to pick up any speed at any time. I just slowly faded away from him. There was a front wind and my speed was just around 28kph cruising. On the way back the wind was behind me but when your knackered and pushing it helps a little.

But strangely I got a better time. 54mins. Charlie did it in 48mins.

So much of easing back to riding.. Oh Chris msg me back saying don't over do it by Thursday onwards. Friday rest day :) looking forward to that

No comments:

Post a Comment