Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bikeforce - Saturday B Group Ride



Today was the first time back riding with Bikeforce Saturday ride and oh how I miss these rides, sprints points and climbing up hills and thundering down hills like a maniac and how can I forget LEAPFROG service (don’t get me started on that place) Ride details are above.

The PCS club has a "Marathon Man & Woman competition winner gets bragging rights but seriously guys seeing you guys RIDE EVERYDAY makes me cry, Monday & Friday people are days off!! Currently 100kms less than TimJames.

Back to today’s ride, it was awesome well the end part really. I was at the back of the pack going up a hill, it’s the hill before the downhill sprint and the guys in front were holding back going up it 20kph (Garmin timeline 1:22hr, 36.89km, 22.km/h) so I climb up to the front and let them know my disgust, "COME ON GUYS 20ks? SERIOUSLY"

25kph climbing the hill and the boys followed keeping an eagle eye on my back wheel (with the sudden change in the speed it would have disrupted their hill climb pace = using up a bit more energy). LEFT turn (Garmin timeline 1:24:05hr, 37.42km, 34.2km/h) @ the roundabout and OFF I went no resting here boys (Garmin timeline 1:25:00hr, 38km, 41.5km/h) they hung on cruising behind me. Then I slowed down let someone else take the lead, IAN came pass and the pack lost a bit of a pace but the boys were just hanging tight, 10-20sec of rest I attacked (Garmin timeline 1:25:46hr, 38.61km, 62.5km/h) it again pasting them and giving them another electric bolt to their already throbbing hearts (most people when drafting they are pretty much looking who is in front of them not whom whizzing pass them) Off Kevin went pedalling as fast as he could to catch onto my back wheel. As we got closer to the finish line I eased off and told Kevin to finish the sprint off with Richard.

ahh reminds me of I think team Garmin sending out attacks one after another hoping to disrupt Mark Cavendish & Mark Renshaw pace to the finish line. I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the line but I could at least spice it up a bit.

At the traffic lights Kevin was knacker his heart rate would have been above 185s. Good ride guys and hope you all like the big welcome back present I gave you. Sprint to the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment