Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Youtube Copyright!!

So Captain Chris requested if I could upload the G-rated version of the Peloton Video onto the blog, which I did over night and this morning I had a check and WMG slapped a Copyright mute on the video. So after looking on the internet on where else I can upload the video which didn't care about copyright. I found a few places but I didn't really like inflexiablity from those websites and nearly everyone has youtube app on their iphones so BACK to YOUTUBE it was.

I found out that WMG did not actually own any of the songs I used for the video and some other stuff so. I had to re-upload the video and do a copyright dispute which automatically removed the copyright mute but I think is youtubes way of preventing them of getting sued.

Music:
N&K Feat Alex Prince - Cruising
Bruno Mars - Count on Me

This video is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is (1)noncommercial (2)transformative in nature (3)does not compete with the original work or have no negative effect on its market

No comments:

Post a Comment