Thursday, April 29, 2010

Addicted / Fanatic?

Today I was at a clients site and was having a catch up chit-chat, the usual what have you been up to? And I haven't seen this client this year yet so I told him about my cycling and pointed to my chest and stomach. He was impressed and the usual cycling discussion begins. Lycra? On the roads? The thing that he said that stood out was once people start cycling they become fanatics.

I have to totally agree with him, I am a fanatic cyclist. I just love cycling, I wake up at crazy hours to prep for my morning cycle ride and I have even started this blog. Joined a local group of riders (Peloton Charity Shield)and took place in organized cycling events like the HBF Bike Hike, CycloSportif events and even the AUDAX endurance ride. All of this since new years eve, wonder if its just a phase? If it is, its' a very expensive one.

Also I am trying to organize group rides with my close friends, bought a bike for the wife (coming soon) and always joking about "you should get a bike and cycle if you want to get fit" to my mates when they say they are unfit. I talk about cycling to Keong all the time and tell the wife the stories about cycling.

Keong and I recently did another Joondalup to Mandruah ride with option of riding back but we decided to enjoy the big breakfast and took the train back. It was 126km to Mandruah but I still had lots in the tank to go further.

In the past few days I have been thinking of routes around my area to do 126km so I can improve my stamina. I was thinking to do the 126km on a Sundays, ride to Jindalee to do the ride with PCS (46km course) riding there might be around 40ish km and ride back is another 40ish so that would be around 120ish. But then to do 40ish km that's around 2hours give or take. So the race starts 7pm so I have to leave home around 5am but you need to prep so 4am wake up. hmmm I think its do-able.

Oh I even got a Lance Armstrong book about training your self. GG

No comments:

Post a Comment